Sometimes I feel like it would be nice just to know.
And then I wonder if I really do want to know.
I think I always come back to the realization that I do know lots of things. But, as a normal person, I focus on the one main thing I don’t know instead of living based on the things I do know.
Here are the things I want to know:
1. Am I going to get married? If so, to whom?
2. What should I do next year?
3. What will I be doing for the rest of my life?
4. Why does loving people have to hurt so badly?
Here are the things I do know:
1. God is good, and love is who He is.
2. God will give me the right desires when I delight in Him.
3. In trying to figure out what to do next year, I should take the next logical step. If God doesn’t want me there, He’ll close the door.
4. It wouldn’t be love without sacrifice, and sacrifice tends to hurt.
5. I’m where I need to be at this exact moment.
6. If I don’t have it, I don’t need it right now. (God promises to supply my needs.)
7. God’s timing is perfect. His ways and thoughts are so much above mine that I’ll never be able to understand them. I shouldn’t try to predict when things will happen.
8. I am never in control of anything. So I should just stop trying.