You guessed it. It’s about time for another Top 5. Yeah, right. But I’m here to hand out my favorite Christmas memories.
1. Christmas 2002 – the last Christmas spent in Illinois with my dad’s side of the family. There were lots of us running around in one house. And mostly females. It was when I really started to get along with my uncle. He got this plastic tie hanger that could hold like 40 ties and everytime someone else opened a present, he came up with a new use for his tie-holder. For instance, it doubled as a rotisserie, a rack to cool cookies, a tv antennae, or seriously about 20 other things, each equally as funny. Lots of laughing was involved.
2. The yearly tradition of going to get the tree. A few years back, we started making a day of it and going to a tree farm to pick one out. Good family time and we always manage to get the perfect tree.
3. The Vintage Christmas party this year. We had lots of fun singing carols (and we sounded good), decorating, and eating tons of good food. And the gift exchange was interesting, too. I love those people.
4. Watching A Christmas Story for the first time with my family about 3 years ago. Another time full of laughs.
5. I’m not sure this was Christmas, but there was snow, so it should count. Especially in Tennessee. I got run over by a runner sled while crossing the street (without looking both ways, obviously). I was knocked unconscious and woke up inside wondering what happened. My neighbors swore the sled aimed for me. It was funny.
Right now I’m watching It’s a Wonderful Life with my family and just enjoying the evening. And tomorrow . . . CHRISTMAS!