I wanted to do a Top 5, but I was having problems thinking of a stellar idea.
1. All-time favorite: Wuthering Heights. I’ve only read this book once, but it’s my favorite. I don’t return to books often. This is one I would pick up 20 more times.
2. Christian-living: The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment. Jeremiah Burroughs hooked me on chapter 1. This book gave me a greater perspective on one of my biggest struggles. Yes, I’ve gone on and on about this book. And no, I won’t stop anytime soon.
3. Children’s book: If You Give a Mouse a Cookie . . . This was my first book I owned [I think]. It’s the first one I remember owning, anyways. I loved the illustrations way more than the story. Still a good read.
4. Tear-jerker: Where the Red Fern Grows. I was not happy with this book. I cried many tears out of my little eyes when I was in 3rd grade. Those dogs loved each other. No good. Perfect.
5. Made-into movie: Pride and Prejudice. This is a current read; I’m almost halfway through. I highly recommend the movie [new or A&E version]. I’m not a huge Austen fan – I love her stories, but her books get insane sometimes. This one has proven to be enjoyable so far.
Go read something.