sand and more sand

I made my way safely to Ironwood a few days ago. It seems like I never really left. I am reminded how much I love this place. It’s very much like a home to me. My plane ride over was pretty uneventful. Well . . . maybe not. I had an aisle seat [which I’m pretty sure hasn’t happened before]. I’m not complaining, it was just a different experience. The did beverage service seriously 4 times on the plane. It was insane. And it was my seat for a 4-hour trip. I read Pride and Prejudice most of the time and now I have about 100 pages left. We also had an extremely bumpy ride. The mom next to me kept making faces and gasping.

The past 2 years, Ironwood has sent several cars to the airport to bring several groups back to camp. This year, we waited around in the airport for a few hours because we had a BUS! So my dear friend [and camper from the past 2 years] came to visit me with another good friend. It was really nice to see them, even though I’ll be seeing them in about 2 weeks or so. We arrived at camp a little later than planned, so we just headed straight to dinner. Nobody cooks tri-tip quite like Camp Ironwood. Delicious.

I would’ve been taking pictures already, but my camera is having issues right now. I’m not really sure what the problem is.

Ever since I’ve been here, the wind has been blowing. It’s amazing. The huge mountain that we hike has been nearly invisible a few times due to how much sand was being blown around. I love the weather here.

I love the stars.

Ok, so since I don’t have to go through lifeguard training again, I’ve been doing lots of random other things to fill my time. I’ve been running in and out of the design office. I’m currently working on a few posters for the junk food we sell to the teens every nite. [Seriously. Deep-fried twinkies have got to be loaded.] Today, I spent most of the day learning how to run the registers in all the various stores since I’ll be helping out with that at nite. Then there are the morning sessions at 7:00 for we 3 leadership counselors, chapel at 8:30, veteran sessions at 10:00(ish) and music rehearsal!!! Last nite, rehearsal lasted a few hours and I’m accompanying for all the specials in Rivertown. [I’m really excited about it. And it’s nice to spend time down in Rivertown.]

Tonite, I actually have the nite off. So that’s why I’m blogging. But I’m about to go help some people do some stuff. Or get back to those posters.


One thought on “sand and more sand

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s